Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week One

My love of running started in 1985. My family had just moved from Washington down to Southern California. It was the summer before my senior year in high school and I did not know anyone. I began to run with my aunts who were runners and did many 10k races those first few years. I have been running off and on since, but mostly on. In all that time I have never run a marathon. I have never even had a desire to run one until this year. This year I will running the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco on October 19, 2008.

I have just completed my first official week of training. One down, 17 weeks to go. I just completed a 2 week running hiatus in attempt to get over a hip problem I have been having. Between the running break and physical therapy, I am feeling pretty good!!

Week 1 (June 16-22)

Tues-- 4 mi
Thurs-- 3 mi
Fri-- 5 mi
Sun--5 mi

17 miles

1 comment:

MotheringBoys said...

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still so jealous you got in and I didn't. :( Wahhh..I'll be running with you in spirit though. I can't wait to hear how the race goes. :)